Per NC executive order No 215 on May 14, 2021 massage and bodywork are considered medical and continue to be subject to a mask mandate requiring both client and practitioner to be masked at all times during treatment.
Covid-19 has shifted the ability to perform Rolfing bodywork in a perceived space of safety. Because we can not thoroughly detect or track cases, Rolfing at this time can only be performed under some assumption of risk. As always, I ask that you take both your health and the health of your therapist and fellow clients into account when booking sessions. If you are in a high risk group or have any concerns, please talk to me as early in advance of your session as possible. Meantime, I feel there is a balance to be struck between minimizing the spread of disease and aiding the health of those who are in need. To that end, Raleigh Rolfing is implementing the following changes and protocols for the foreseeable future:
- All office personnel have been fully vaccinated at this time.
- Jason wears a combination of PPE including a cloth mask with additional filter, goggles, and a face shield. This combination was modeled on the level of PPE that some dentists were using when returning to work during the pandemic.
- All clients and therapist must wear a respiratory mask covering their face and nose during all session time in the office. Clients are asked to bring their owns masks to the session. If you forget your mask or do not have one, a disposable surgical mask may be provided.
- Clients will be sent a Covid-19 screening questionnaire by email 24 hours prior to their session. Please fill this out as early as reasonably possible to help us consider risk factors and to discuss and needs or concerns.
- A contactless temperature station is available at the front door of the Raleigh office
- Client sessions are being spaced further apart to allow time for additional cleaning measures between sessions and to avoid client overlap. A specific regimen of cleaning and disinfection will be used on all hard surfaces in the office as well as regularly touched surfaces like door knobs between the treatment room and outdoors.
- A high grade Austin Air machine with a HEPA filter will but running in the office 24/7 including during sessions. Depending on the day, windows may be opened as well. And as much sunlight as possible is being let into the office daily.
- Card-on-file payment will continue to be used and I am still receiving checks or cash if you prefer. If you need to put a new credit card on file with us that can be done manually in the office or I can send you an emailed link to put cards on file yourself.
- A commitment to continuing to monitor my own health and report any changes immediately to any potential contacts should I find evidence of active infection in myself or someone I have come in contact with.
Again please understand that this is a best effort to mitigate risk but cannot erase it entirely. If you do not feel safe enough coming in, but need aid, please feel free to contact me and we can discuss option like remote movement work or resources like Self Help Movement Books or Books on Trauma and Nervous System Regulation that may also help you to help yourself better until we can meet again with less risk.